Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Ingredients (Serves 8):
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over MEDIUM heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and cook 8-10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove the beef and set aside to drain.
2. Add olive oil and onion to skillet; cook until nicely browned.
3. Add back in beef, along with garlic, chili powder, cayenne, cumin and salt.
Stir to combine.
4. Add in the beer, diced tomatoes and green chilies, and tomato sauce, then bring to a low simmer. Cover with a lid and allow to bubble and simmer so sauce reduces and thickens, and the flavors intensify, about 1 hour.
5. After an hour, stir through the cornmeal which will help to thicken the sauce. If sauce s arts to get too thick, add a little water, and if it’s not yet thick enough, continue to simmer until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe courtesy of Beef Loving Texans and the Texas Beef Council