Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 3):
- 1 lb. Nolan Ryan rib-eye steak
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 piquillo pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet corn
- 1/2 cup low sodium black beans
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Tortilla strips for garnish
Cilantro Avocado Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- In a small food processor, add fresh cilantro, avocado, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and ground cumin. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak on the grill and grill each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove and let rest for 3 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl add lettuce, piquillo pepper, cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, orange bell peppers, avocado, and thinly sliced steak. Serve with Cilantro Avocado Dressing.