Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil divided use
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 1/4 lbs. Nolan Ryan flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Heat 1 tsp. of the vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large pan.
- Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Remove the peppers from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Season the flank steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase heat to high. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger, then cook for 30 seconds.
- Place the peppers back in the pan with the steak.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 cup water and cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce over the steak mixture and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce has just thickened, then serve.