Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 minutes to chill the meat
Cook: 12 minutes
Ready In: 1 hr 12 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 8):
- 16 slices of applewood smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 ounces of white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 4 lbs. of Nolan Ryan Beef Ground Chuck
- 1 teaspoon of Nolan Ryan Steak Seasoning
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 8 Hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 Tomatoes sliced thin
- 2 red onions sliced thin
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced thin
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high and the oven to 400°F. Lightly oil the grill grates.
- Cook the bacon on a baking sheet in the oven until crisp, about 15 minutes. Drain off the fat, pat the bacon dry with paper towels, and tent with foil to keep warm. Leave the oven on.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms until tender. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and add the balsamic and honey. Stir to combine and then set aside at room temperature.
- Form the ground chuck into 8 patties. Season the burgers with the steak seasoning. Refrigerate the patties for 30 minutes to allow the seasoning to flavor the meat.
- Grill the burgers (in batches, if necessary) for 6 minutes per side for medium well.
- Place the burgers on a baking sheet and top with the bacon, mushrooms, and cheese; bake for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Place some lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado on half toast slices, top each with a burger, cover with the remaining toast slices, and serve.