Comments Off on Summer Grilled Tenderloin of Beef with Spicy Crab & Avocado Salad
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch cilantro, chopped (leaves only)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeño juice (from jarred pickled jalapeños)
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat (remove all bones and shells- or ask your fishmonger to perform this task)
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
For the steak:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Nolan Ryan Seasoning (recipe below)
- 4 (7-ounce) Nolan Ryan tenderloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- First, make the salad. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lemon juice, lime juice, jalapeño juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the crabmeat and avocado and toss gently, trying not to break up the crab and avocado. Cover and chill in the fridge while you cook the steaks.
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil the grill grates.
- In a large glass baking dish, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, shallots and steak seasoning. Add the steaks, turning to coat and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and grill (in batches, if necessary) for 7 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- To serve, place a grilled tenderloin at the center of each plate and arrange the crab-avocado salad on top of and around the steak.