25 minutes (plus 3-6 hours for marinating)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lbs. Nolan Ryan sirloin steak (thicker steaks work best for recipe), cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup button or cremini mushrooms, halved (unless small, keep them whole)
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow) cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion diced into chunks (about 1 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (keep them whole)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing the grill grates
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 10 wooden skewer sticks (soak in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling)
- For the marinade: In a mixing bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- For the kebabs: place steak into a gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over steak then seal bag while pressing out excess air and message marinade over steak. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate 3 – 6 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees.
- With veggies on cutting board, drizzle with oil and lightly toss to coat.
- Sprinkle veggies evenly with garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. To assemble kebabs layer steak and veggies onto kebabs in desired order, work to fit 4 steak pieces onto each kebab.
- Brush grill grates lightly with oil. Place kebabs on grill and grill until center of steak registers about 140 – 145 degrees for medium doneness, turning kebabs occasionally, about 8 – 9 minutes. Serve warm.