10 - 14 minutes
15 - 19 minutes
- 2 pounds Nolan Ryan flank steak, trimmed of all fat
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil
- 4 tsp. Nolan Ryan Steak Seasoning (recipe below)
- 16 slices fresh sourdough bread
- 4 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 large red onions, sliced thin
- 1 recipe of Sriracha Aioli (recipe below)
- 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grill grates.
- Rub the steaks all over with the oil and steak seasoning.
- Cook the steaks (in batches, if necessary) for 5-7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the sourdough slices on the grill and toast until light brown on both sides.
- Cut the steaks diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- Make the steak sandwiches with avocado, lettuce, tomato, and onion, and top with sriracha aioli.
Sriracha Aioli Directions:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Makes ½ cup
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, cover and chill in the fridge until ready to use.