- 12 slices of bacon
- 2 lbs. of Nolan Ryan Sirloin steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- Creamy dressing of your choice
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan over high heat until crisp. Pat the bacon dry with paper towels. Dice the bacon and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil the grill grates.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks (in batches, if necessary) for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl in the following order: lettuce, tomato, steak, avocado, bacon, shredded cheese, chopped egg, scallions. Serve with your favorite creamy dressing.