- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Wrap 2 bacon slices around each hot dog. Cook the hot dogs on a baking sheet for 15 minutes. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- Finish the hot dogs in a large skillet over medium heat until the bacon is crisp and then transfer to a plate. (You can also finish the hot dogs on a grill heated to medium.)
- Add the reserved bacon fat and the vegetable oil to the skillet and sauté the onions until golden brown.
- Place the hot dogs in buns and top with onions, relish and yellow mustard.
- Serve pico de gallo on the side.
Pico de Gallo:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Makes: 2 cups
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use.